my attempt at being a model 26-year-old fulltime college freshman while still working fulltime in "the real world"

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

To all the single mothers who have simultaneously worked fulltime and gone to school fulltime:

How did you do it? WOW.

I am NOT a mom. And it's been about 2 weeks of working fulltime and going to school fulltime...

...and I'm about ready to die!!! I applaud all mothers, especially single mothers, who have accomplished this.

I'm not really ready to die; I'm still super-excited to be back in school, and love my life in general.

I just really need some sleep.

There are not enough hours in the day!

So, in the interest of keeping things in perspective: At least I don't have kids.

I'm ready for a nap. Unfortunately, I have to work for another 8 hours or so. Then I have to go to class. The only thing that is getting me through this morning is thinking about 9pm tonight.

I will be in bed. Sleeping. I have no homework to do tonight, so I will be catching up on the sleep that I have lost so far this week! (6 hours of sleep Monday night, 4 hours of sleep last night... I'm a woman who is used to 8-10 hours a night!)

Good news: I feel as if despite being exhausted all of the time, I'm doing really well in school so far!

Blog update- I'm going to add some fun things to my blog, including "textbook quote of the week" and "something I learned this week in school". Keep an eye out for that! :-)

1 comment:

  1. I don't know how they do it either. I work FT but only go to school PT. My husband has never really had a 9-5 job so I always have to work around his schedule which is the reason I'm taking a Saturday class right now. Anyways - People that can do it all amaze me!

    ReplyDelete